All researchers using Special Collections and University Archives, the Prange Collection, and Special Collections in Performing Arts at the University of Maryland will need to create an online account to use materials in the reading room. We know you may have questions we are here to help!
HOW DO I REGISTER?
Registration is quick and easy, and requires you to fill out contact information and select a username and password. You can register online from any computer, or visit the reading room to get help from a librarian. Once you create an account, you will can research in any of the three special collections reading rooms. Some benefits of these changes include:
- Request materials directly from the catalog record or finding aid. Materials will be placed on hold so they are immediately available when you arrive.
- View and track the status of your requests.
- Place duplication orders and retrieve digital scans online.
- Review your request history. Never forget what collection you consulted or what books you requested. You will even be able to export the citation for easy reference work.
- Your information is kept secure using a username and password of your choosing. If you are an affiliate of UMD, your will be able to log in using directory ID and password.
- You only need to register once to use all three reading rooms.
The first time you visit the reading room after creating your account, you will be asked to present a valid university-issued or government-issues photo ID to verify your identity. Then you are all set to begin your research!
Follow us @hornbakeLibrary on Twitter or sign up to follow Special Collections and University Archives on WordPress for more information about using our collections.
Have questions? Contact us