The World’s Fair Ephemeral and Graphic Material Collection is now available at the Maryland Room, 1st floor Hornbake Library. To celebrate, we are featuring four blog posts about World’s Fair history and the collection. Read the previous post here.
Part 4 of 4
The World’s Fair Ephemeral and Graphic Material Collection has recently been expanded to include items from more recent fairs, so the collection includes items from 1851 to 2010. Our holdings are strongest for
- the 1851 Great Exhibition held in London
- the 1876 Centennial International Exhibition held in Philadelphia
- the 1893 World’s Columbian Exposition held in Chicago
- the 1904 Louisiana Purchase International Exposition held in St. Louis
- the 1915 Panama-Pacific International Exposition held in San Francisco
- the 1964-1965 New York World’s Fairs
Visit the recently expanded finding aid for the World’s Fair Ephemeral and Graphic Material Collection and A Treasury of World’s Fair Art & Architecture digital archive for more information.
Article by A. Moore, Historic Preservation Graduate Assistant.