While you were away this summer, we were busy considering what to do with our social media during the fall semester. We have a lot in store for you (the undergraduate students at UMD). You can follow us in a variety of ways.
Some specific projects include:
- Roaming Testudo – Follow our school mascot as he visits our reading room to explore our collections and work through his class projects.
- On this date – Discover fun facts as we connect our collections to specific historical events
- I Found it in the Archives – Join the conversation by sharing your experience at Special Collections
- Study tips – For acing your project using primary source materials
Or you can follow us on your favorite social media site!
- Facebook -sharing study tips and interesting pieces of information
- Twitter – providing information specifically for the students at UMD
- Blog – leading discussions to help students learn more about research, especially using primary source material.
- Flickr – sharing images from our exhibits and collections.
- Pinterest – sharing images of items that inspire us.
- Historypin – pinning images to interactive maps, within space and time
To see all the ways we contribute to the social media experience, visit our social media webpage.
If you have suggestions for future projects, please contact email@example.com with your ideas.
Instruction & Outreach
Special Collections, Hornbake Library
University of Maryland Libraries
College Park, MD 20742